[dropcap class="dropcap5"]The legacy of Black Willow Ranch began 150 years ago, and the commitment to excellence is still alive today. It was simply known as “the junction of two rivers” when Enoch Tipton arrived in the mid-1840s. A farmer by trade, Tipton quickly realized the potential of the area and purchased the property in 1862. He prospered by supplying wheat, grains, alfalfa, and horses to the U.S. Army based at Ft. Union.
Today we are a working ranch offering custom grazing, grass finished beef, and professionally trained ranch cowhorses at our first class horse facility. Our summer months are spent caring for stocker cattle and monitoring grazing leases. In the winter, we board professional polo horses and finish yearling cattle for the grass-fed beef market. The Mora River continues to beat as the heart of the ranch, providing a natural habitat for many species of wildlife including, elk, mule deer, bear, beaver, and wild turkey.
Black Willow Ranch has been recognized as a special place for generations, and our respect for the land, our history, and the vision that established us drives us to ensure our legacy for the next 150 years.
HOME | HISTORY | THE RANCH | HORSES | CATTLE AND GRAZING | GALLERY | CONTACT | LINKS
Website designed by MediaNeighbours © 2012